Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Goodbye snowflake, hello Valentine!

So today we finally took down our paper snowflakes from the window.  Found a tutorial on pinterest for how to fold them properly to make a five-point snowflake.  If you are interested, you can go to How to fold 5-pointed paper snowflakes. Worked great! We tried just plain paper and also construction paper. Plain worked the best, because the thicker the paper, the harder it is to cut through all the folds!




And I really got fancy later, and started making these out of 12x12 scrapbooking paper. They ended up way bigger, because essentially, you need a square piece of paper to make these.




But alas, even though winter endures, it was time to change up the decor, so the kids and I made a paper chain of hearts today. Found the project on Pinterest, of course.  Props go to Rebecca.  Thanks!  It was fun!  Here is how ours turned out:


We used scrapbooking paper and some old decoupage paper I had from a million years ago, and it worked pretty well. I didn't have enough cardstock to use that, but I think it would probably hold its shape much better.

I have a couple more heart/Valentine's projects saved up, so stay tuned.  I kind of like this blogging stuff. :)

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment